Goblin Prince’s supernatural Baroque Pop feels like being led through a shadowy dream. Tragic and playful, the Spanish singer/songwriter blends medieval imagery, floral strings and 80s fantasy movie synthpop as they draw on their experiences as a queer youth, candidly exploring shame, identity and alienation. Influenced by a wide range of artists such as Regina Spektor, Lewis Carroll, The Knife and Kate Bush, Goblin Prince is ready to establish their own genre-bending pop kingdom.
The vision wasn’t always this clear, though. Mario Llana needed a drunken fall down the stairs and a lost tooth to receive the wake-up call he needed. Resolving to end a cycle of avoidance, they left the US for Berlin in 2015 to pursue music. Alone in the new city, their musical endeavours turned into a reflection of their own rootlessness. “I felt like a lamb in a wolf pack”, they explain of their first year in Berlin. “But in losing my confidence I became aware of complexes and limiting beliefs I’ve had since I was a child. It feels like a second coming-of-age and I think that feeling’s bleeding into the songs. I still have a lot of exorcising to do!”
Nose-deep in Ableton, Llana began reformatting his anxieties into home recordings and in 2017 teamed up with Israeli producer Oded K.dar, with whom they’re finishing Goblin Prince’s debut EP, out later in 2019.
Shadow Dancer - Competition
Enter your details below to be in with a chance of winning one of my hand-made hex bags.
Enter your name and email below and press submitFor a full list of rules, please click here
Click the Spotify logo to Pre-Save
Goblin Prince - Rules for Competition
The “Goblin Prince Pre-Save” Competition OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SPONSOR: We Like Oliver, 46 Coney Hill Road, West Wickham, Kent, BR4 9BX, UK (“Sponsor”) is solely responsible for all aspects of this Pre-Save Competition (“Pre-Save Comp”).
2. ENTRY: You may enter this Pre-Save Comp during the period beginning at 12:00:01 A.M. GMT Nov 5, 2019, and ending at 11:59 P.M. GMT, Nov 29, 2019 (“Entry Period”). For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Greenwich Mean Time. You may enter via Internet by visiting https://goblinprince.com/#shadowdancercompetition and following the online instructions. Upon successful connect, entrant will be directed to an entry form page and may be required to provide basic information, including entrant's email address and post code, to complete the entry process. Once you have completed the online instructions and the entry process you will be entered into the Pre-Save Comp.
3. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. Nov 29, 2019. Only one (1) entry per person/Account and two (2) entries per household. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Account is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 2 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons eighteen (18) years or older upon entering who are legal residents of, and physically located anywhere in the world (collectively, “Territory”) and not employees of Sponsor; its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies or the advertising, promotional or fulfilment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”), or members of their households or immediate families. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple Accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
4. PRIZE: THREE (3) Grand Prizes consisting of one (1) Goblin Prince hex bag which includes: various items and ONE (1) hand written lyric sheet (collectively, the “Prize”). Any depiction of the Prize is for illustrative purposes only. The Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. An unclaimed and/or unused prize element will remain the property of Sponsor. Approximate Retail Value of the Prize is: Ten Euros (€10.00). Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of prize will not be awarded. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received. There will be only one (1) Prize given away to one (1) winner. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. Prize does not include any other item or expense not specifically described in these Official Rules, and any such additional expenses are the sole responsibility of winner. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned. Winner agrees to accept the prize "as is", and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize, including express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law.
5. PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries on or around Nov 29, 2019. Sponsor's decisions as to the administration and operation of the Pre-Save Comp and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Pre-Save Comp. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Pre-Save Comp, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means.
6. WINNER: The potential winner will be notified by email or phone call. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any other notice or a prize as undeliverable;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner’s failure to claim a prize within seven (7) days after it is sent;  potential winner’s failure to validly claim any prize before Dec 6, 2020 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. 1 Choice made by Grand Prize Winner
9. RULES & WINNER LISTS: For list of the winner (after November 29, 2019) and/or Rules (before November 29, 2019), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Goblin Prince, Pre-Save Comp, C/O We Like Oliver, Inc., 46 Coney Hill Road, West Wickham, Kent, United Kingdom, BR4 9BX.